1/28/12

Sick. So very sick.




I got whatever illness is floating around work. Buuuuuuh.

First Indicator: I had to have another instructor finish my Bootcamp class.  I ran to the office in the middle of class and said "Kelly... help... sick... I'm on ab prep."

Second Indicator: Went out to dinner, ate 1/4 of my meal.   I know what you are thinking. "Why didn't I take myself to the hospital right then?"  I don't know, friends. I don't know.

I can only come up with one reason as to why I have been stricken with this nastiness.  My now co-workers have children. 

Shutter. 

My previous co-workers did not have children, and therefore did not give me their children's (and all of their children's playmate's) germs via keyboards sharing and butt slaps of congratulations.



The Nasty Details:

Yesterday I puked and puked and slept and slept with a steady diet of ginger ale and Gatorade.

Today I am able to eat (tater tots…?) and drink coffee.  I am not without some symptoms, though. 

It seems I cannot stand up without having to squeeze my eyes shut for fear of my eyeballs popping out of my head.  Not to worry, I moved a TV into my bedroom and have been busy watching Biggest Loser and How I Met Your Mother, thereby keeping my eyes in my sockets.

I think all I will need is a little more sleep (because 13 hours today was not enough?) and a shower and I will be back to new.   Or, at least, a slightly weakened version of myself.  

Dang you, people with children!  Kidding. I love you, work wife!


No comments:

Post a Comment