...Not sure how this one didn't get published... All these months later, here it is!
- 4:30 Friday class- sooo empty!
- There is a new teacher in class. She was a B-.
- I had to do class in glasses. They were constantly sliding down my face. I don't need another thing to distract me from this goal. Arg!
- Why am I in glasses? Oh that's a fun story. It's because I tore my cornea. Allow me to explain. During class, inevitably my mascara starts to run and I look like a monster. So I grabbed a tissue to wipe the mascara off my face and must of hulked out on my right eye. There is a for real chunk gone. I'm such a spaz!
- Class was packed so I had to stand where my reflection was split by a seam in the giant mirror. One second I looked super skinny, but one shift in the mirror and I looked like some sort of jabba/Robin hybrid. Kept things interesting.
- I had to wear glasses again. The sliding. The fogging. The drips of sweat on the lenses.
- Take them off you say? HA! I have no balance when they are not on since my eye sight is so bad. Thanks for the advice.
- During the seated postures (more accurately, the laying down on your stomach postures), the teacher came and walked on the pads of my feet. I'm not exactly a foot enthusiast, so it was equal parts gross and amazing.
- I was SO HUNGRY after class. Below is disguising evidence of my aimless post yoga grocery store wandering.
- Unless I have practiced with someone a ton, there are normally two looks I get from other students.
- Smiling. You can do this tubby tubby!
- What is that thing doing in here?
- I don't know which look I hate more.
- There were no newbies in class so the teacher was able to give extra instructions for each pose so I was able to get really far into each pose. So much excitement followed by soul crushing knee pain.
- Just an ordinary class.
- I don't think I have 11 classes left in me.
- Tomorrow is a double. I have a ton more doubles to do if I want to pull this thing off.
- I have a friend coming to both classes so I'm super excited about that at least...
- My friend Crystal came to class #1 of tonight's double. YAAH! She was kinda amazing at it. Some people are just naturals, and she was certainly one of them.
- After class I ran out to grab friend #2, Julianne!
- Julianne might have been my favorite guest of all times. She was so bubbly the whole time. Not sure how it possible!
- After class, the teacher was rude to my guest and acted like he would rather talk to a dog than my guest or myself.
- Tonight my body feels so beaten up, I am considering stopping because I am ver it. My schedule is also really getting in the way. Whats more? I am not sure I want to do it any more.
- Knees, achilles, shoulders, elbows. Ouch, ouch, ouch.
21 classes in 30 days.
I woke up the day after class 21 completely at peace that I was done. Finished. I had learned so much about myself and my body. I was so happy and relieved.
It's time to heal, tubby body, heal!