3/3/10

Nothing much...

I don't know where this blog will go. I am sitting in the guest bedroom/dump watching American Idol. I'm not impressed. Every time I mute it and sing over them, I am not impressed.

So. Since I don't have much to say I will tell you about my hair. Random? Shut up.

Chapter 1:

I am born... with a black mohawk. Years later, my hair was so blond it was white, and in the summer, my lazy (then skinny) sticky finger kid-self allowed the chlorine to turn it green. Listed below are the hair styles I've had through the ages:

-Friar Tuck
-HUGE bangs (and not the ones that are now in style)
-straight
-long
-unkempt
-the 'Little sister with a pair of scissors on Grandma's porch' special
-straight
-long
-unkempt
-straight
-long
-unkempt

As you can see, its been all downhill since the mohawk. Since I had long boring hair most of my life, when I went to college I started dying my hair. First it was red, then brown, then black, then blond blond. I loved having it ever color under the sun and in the fashion of Gilmore Girls, my favorite show, my best friend and I dyed our hair hot pink two weeks before graduation. It was the last time we would be able to do that type of crazy things, so why not?

Before Jeff and I got married I asked him what hair color he wanted me to have for our wedding. It was totally a loaded question. I'm a jerk...

All of my sisters hair became darker and darker brown as they grew up so I have noooo clue what my hairs real color could be. To find out, I am growing it out. My hair is down to the middle of my back, half of it blond and half of it some natural hybrid which, all in all, looks like an old broom. I am super excited to be donating it to Lock of Love, thought I doubt they will take it. I don't think even the sickest, baldest, vainest chick would wear a wing made out of this straw. It looks like the strawberry shortcake doll's hair that my sister used to shove up her nose when we were kids.

Regardless, this means that soon I will be chopping of all of my hair, highlighting my huge cheeks and my killer chins. Any thing for cancer kids, right? I just hope it hightlights my sparkling uni-brow and glowing personality.

2 comments:

  1. THREE times I spit on my computer screen while reading this blog (laughing). I was right there with you through most of your hairdos and I just don't remember it the way you do...but your interpretation makes for some funny, funny reading. Thanks for the guffaw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet mercy. I love these posts...I too remember each hair-do (and don't), and getting your spin on them makes me pee my pants laughing. I love you (and your hair) so much! :)

    ReplyDelete