12/25/12

Merry Merry!



Merry Christmas, everyone!

I hope you are having a wonderful day filled with family, friends and awesome traditions. 

Growing up, my family had a bevy of traditions, but now that I am married, it is not so. 

This is because my husband does not think we should have traditions until we have children.  I get it-- not everyone loves Christmas like I do, but traditions are so important to me!  So, instead of forcing traditions on him, I have to be very sneaky about forming them without his consent.  He's so lucky. 

For instance, every year when we are driving from family to family (and thus, he cannot escape), I read a book aloud to him. The book called The Gift the Magi. Have you ever read it? Holy cow. I cry. Every time.  Which makes the husband even more apt to accept this tradition.

Wait...

I hope to have many more of these ensnarements traditions by the time we actually have a family, but for now, buddy reading is all I have been able to come up with. 

All in due time, friends. 

Before I sign off, I want to share with you my Christmas JAM.  Take some time and listen, it's worth it.  Lyrics below. :)

Love to you all, and a very merry Christmas!





When the babe was born
In a manger on the hay
God saw a veil torn
He saw Good Friday

He was born to die

Gold laid before the Christ
Incense, His presence is sweet
Myrrh to signify
Victory over death's sting

He was born to die

It came in a dream
To Joseph late one night
That Herod sought the King
But could not take His life
He was born to die

He said, "You don't take my life
You won't take my life
You don't take my life
I lay it down"

We came here today
To celebrate His birth
But let us not forget
Why Jesus came to earth
He was born to die



No comments:

Post a Comment