4/5/12

Personal Vacation


What a day!  At the last minute (well... not last minute according to anyone but my boss) my sister's schedule at work got messed up (plus her nanny was on spring break), so she needed some help. Enter Aunt Beanie.

If you've read ANY of my blog, you know there is nowhere I'd rather be, than with my nephews.

Of which there are soon to be 6!

Sister #2 is having another baby, set to arrive in October.  MAN I'm excited! Now if we could just find out if it will be a niece or a nephew.  I'm getting impatient. 

In order to distract myself from the waiting detailed above, I will share my adventures with nephews #2 and #5 (see his story here).

Today at the Collier house, we started out with a massive (leaking) poop.  The likes of which... I've seen before, but it still catches me off guard. Mothers- do you EVER get used to that?

The poop leaked out and got on my shirt. Duncan was inconsolable.  The sight of poop on my shirt was questioned tens of times. I finally had to grab the camera and video tape him.  



After the poop, we had a GREAT day.  They both napped like champions and were all smiles for the camera.  Sorry, these are straight out of camera. It's getting LATE.




They were dolls.  Can't you tell?

For an Easter project, Duncan and I made birds nests out of coconut macaroons and cadburry eggs. I highly recommend both of these things to you. I got the coconut macaroons off of this awesome blog, and the only sub we made was wheat flour to make the birds nest more brown. :)


Next I carefully added some marshmallow cream to act as glue to hold the heavy eggs.  



You're welcome for those totally unnecessary pictures.


Duncan had a blast putting the eggs in the birds nests, and then taking them back out, sucking the marshmallow cream off of the bottom, and devouring the egg.  As did I.

Welp, it's back to work tomorrow.  Some how insurance just does not sound as fun as baking projects with the little ones. :)

PS I lost 0.6 pounds last week. Not bad for week 2!  That's 2.7 since I started blogging and 5.8 since my whole journey began.  Cadburry eggs did not help this week's causes.  Oh well!

Until next time...





No comments:

Post a Comment