6/15/11

Homeplace

There is a magical place in Catawba Valley called The Homeplace.  Catawba Valley is about 1 hour and 45 minutes from where I live, but who cares?  Jeff and I were excited to get away and as you can tell from the picture below, it is as beautiful as it is tasty!  



The Homeplace is a home style down home cooking restaurant that was originally a farm house.  The food comes to you family style and heavens it is baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad to for a diet.   Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans (don't be fooled, they are cooked in bacon), pinto beans, corn, cole slaw, roast beef... I am not even done.  There was also peach cobler with ice cream.

It is not as if you get a set amount and then you tag out.  No no, they keep bringing you what ever you want. More and more of whatever you want.  I will not even begin to tell you how much of all of those items listed above I had.  But I can say that I was unnnncomfortable.  Although I can't say that even at my most uncomfortable that I would have turned down another spoonful of mashed potatoes.  Judge away.
The picture above was taken from our table out the window.  Yep, its gorgeous.  If you are ever near the area, try and stop there. But don't feel like you have to eat everything on the table, or you will waddle out of The Homeplace like a hippo with two different length legs.  Like us!

No comments:

Post a Comment