9/9/13

30 Day Bikram Challenge - Class #6, #7 and #8

iPhone traffic cam



Class #6-
  • I almost didn't make it to class on time. I had to sneak in at the very last minute, and had to sit behind someone, which means I couldn't see myself at all. That's not a good thing during the balance series!
  • I'm starting to feel guilty for leaving my husband so much. Between overtime and bikram, I hardly see the man.  I wonder what he's eating for dinner these days...
  • I was able to do every single pose!  This was HUGE!  I think it might have something to do with the fact that this was my third class back to back and my body was, dare I say, used to it?
  • I don't know that I can do this. Jeff keeps saying I can, but I think he just really likes to use the phrase 'sweat box'.  
  • Walking out of class, I passed a group of youths.  They snickered as I walked by.  Then I got a look at myself in a window.  YIKES.  I looked like an overweight sweat drenched homeless gremlin.  I was too excited about doing every pose that I didn't l let it phase me... too much.
  • After class I didn't get a coconut water. Bad idea- I had a big headache afterward.

Class #7-
  • New people don't sweat as much.  I'm a little jealous and at the same time a little worried about what is going on inside their bodies.  Today I sweat (sweated, swatted... sweateded...??) so much that fingers were pruney.  Now I'm worried about what is going on inside my body.
  • I had NO balance today!
  • My thoughts took a completely schizophrenic pattern. Love, hate, angry, proud, etc.
  • My forearms are going to get beefy! 
  • Someone FINALLY farted in 'wind releasing pose'. It works as advertised! I can now fully endorse this pose.
  • Kind of wish I had not told as many people about doing this.  But being held accountable is good, right?  
Class #8
  • 6:15am class.  I am officially certifiable.  
  • There were not many people there. Why am I surprised?
  • Didn't sit out of a single pose again.  Major win for so early in the morning.
  • Breathing exercise (first thing in class) was hard today because each time I looked up my tired eyes would want to slam shut and my contacts would revolt.
  • During the seated poses, I realized my toenails are a mess. I should really do something about it before I have to stare at them for at least 45 minutes during the next 22 days.
  • Trying to get ready for work was an effing mess. I laid on the ground for 15 minutes complaining to my husband about something or other. Needless to say (and yet I'm saying it?), I was late for work.
  • After work I worked out with my sister.  Two a days! What whaaaat!


1 comment: