9/11/13

30 Day Bikram Challenge - Class #12, #13, #14 & #15

Image via
Class #12--
  • This was my first double!  Jeff had band practice, so I felt ok with doing 3+ hours of bikram related activities.
  • I sat right in front because all of the other spots were taken. I immediately felt the need to be perfect.
  • I saw the back wall during the pose above.  Even the teacher gave me a shout out!
  • First class went quickly because I knew I had a whole 'nuther class to do. 
Class #13-
  • Class #2 of my first double
  • I packed almonds in my bag to scarf a few between classes, but I was too afraid to eat more than 4 out of fear of what might happen to my stomach if I ate more.  I also gulped a small coconut water out of necessity. 
  • My knees were a little less secure in the second class, but I was expecting that. 
  • Other than sitting out/modifying due to knee pain, there was nothing else that I had to sit out.
  • Can I do four more doubles??
Class #14-
  • My second double!  This time I didn't sit out of anything. My knees are going to hate me. 
  • I had a bit of a melt down before class because I realized I was going to have to flake on plans I had made in order to knock out another double. Bikram is beginning to take over my life, and I am in pain while I do it.  I'm struggling to see the point and find my original motivation.
  • Again... my toenail polish is a disaster.  
  • The woman who was doing her 100th class told me that that hardest classes of any challenge are the first 15 classes. I am holding onto that. 
Class #15
  • There are some teachers I really jive with, but there are ones that I just find so jarring.  That was the teacher in class 15.  Buuuuh.
  • I got two call outs in class. I'm begninning to think there was another Robin in the class or the instructor did not know any one else's name.
  • I love when new people come to class. I feel far less inferior.  
  • At the end of class, the instructor exists the class and says 'namaste'.  Loosely translated, Namaste means the light/spirit/god in me, bows to the light/spirit/god in you. If I'm honest, sometimes my light is not in the mood to bow to anyones light. I don't mean to be disrespectful, but sometimes I can't help myself. So far I have subbed God bless, toodles, yippee, and gargoyle. Don't know where that last one came from. Toodles.


No comments:

Post a Comment